The following assumptions have been considered in the energy building simulations:
- All buildings have the default eQUEST values by building type for Building Shell, Structure, Materials and Shades, Building Operation and Scheduling, Internal Loads, and HVAC Equipment and Performance (complying with California’s Title 24 energy standard).
- Base case does not include any type of DG-CHP system.
- All the cases with absorption chillers are assuming more efficient double-effect absorption chillers with a COP of 1.2.
- In all building type cases, a case in which the number of integrated DG units is as close as possible to the base load electric demand is always included.
- DG systems are always tracking electrical load. No electricity is sold back to the grid.
- The fraction of waste heat recovered from the exhaust of the electric generator is assumed to be around 48%
- No waste heat storage is considered. If the waste heat from the DG systems cannot be used in the building in the moment it is recovered, it is lost.
- No Stand-by charges for DG systems are included in utility bills